Monday, December 1, 2014
STUDENT LUNCH: Stop by ASB Office Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
TODAYS’ BREAKFAST: Stop by ASB Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
NO ATHLETIC EVENTS TODAY!
YEARBOOK PAYMENT REMINDER: Reminder to students who are on a yearbook payment plan, yearbook payment are now due. Stop by the ASB Office if you have any questions. (1, 2, 3)
SENIORS: Your write-ups and baby pictures will be due this week. The form will be passed out on Tuesday, December 2nd in your English 12 classes. They are to be turned in to the ASB office on or before Friday December 5th with everything attached. (1)
ATTENTION ALL LATIN DANCERS: Latin Dancers please be present for a brief meeting Tuesday, December 2nd at 3:30 in Mrs. Thornburg’s room, C-15. We will be discussing our participation in ASB’s Purple and Gold Holiday on Wednesday, December the 10th.
ATTENTION SENIORS/JUNIORS: Powder-puff clearance is now going on, everyone participating must have a physical done. Deadline to turn in clearance forms is December 3rd. No exceptions will be made. (1, 2, 3)
ATTENTION EVERYONE: Our annual Toy Drive starts TODAY. You can bring unwrapped toys to your 2nd period class or to the ASB office. All toys will be donated to children in our community on December 10th. (1, 2, 3)
SAVAPA THEATRE: SAVAPA Theatre presents “It’s A Wonderful Life” on Friday, December 5th / Saturday, December 6th at 7:00 pm; Sunday, December 7th at 2:00 pm in the Jimmie Cannon Theater. Pre-sale tickets are now available for $7 and Door tickets will be $10 for more information please contact any SAVAPA Theatre student or Mr. Spanos in room B-2. (1, 2, 3)
KEY CLUB: Club Membership meeting is scheduled for Thursday, December 4th during both lunches in room D-17. All members are required to attend. Ms. Fierro, Advisor. (1, 2, 3, 4)
ATTN ALL SENIORS: Seniors who want to apply to both San Diego State main campus and IVUP please stop by the counseling office for a form you need to submit. This form is good only if you applied to SDSU main campus and you want consideration for IVUP. Thank you.
ATTENTION JUNIORS/SENIORS: You may be eligible to have the gold California State Seal of Biliteracy on your diploma and transcript. There are a number of ways to qualify. To find out if you qualify, come to the EL Program Services Office (Counseling/Front Office) & pick up the candidate application form. Application deadline is March 2nd!!!
ALL SENIORS: The Financial Aid Parent/Student Informational Workshop will take place Wednesday, December 10th in the MPR, from 6:00pm.-8:00p.m. I know this notice is early but please place it on your calendar and let your parents know about it. Be sure I obtain your social security number need it to send your grade point average to the CSAC who is in charge of financial aid for the state of California. If you have any questions please see Mrs. Munguia Mitchell.
1. John S. Lyons Memorial Foundation, Deadline is January 30, 2015. Award maximum is $5,000. Who should apply? Seniors enrolled in a San Diego or Imperial County School whose parent or legal guardian is a member in good standing of ANY local labor union. Student must have a 3.0 or better GPA and participate in community and/ or extracurricular school activity. The application is available online under the COMMUNITY tab of the San Diego Trades website at: www.sdbuildingtrades.com
2. California Association of Educational Office Professionals, Deadline, must be post marked by Friday, January 1st, 2015. Award Maximum: $1,000. Who should apply?
· Applicant must be a graduating high school student who has made an application to continue his/her education OR the applicant may currently being pursuing such a course of study in instruction of higher education.
· Applicant must have maintained a grade point average of 2.0 or better in high school.
· Applicant must have applied for admissions to a post-high school accredited institution and plan to enter following the granting of the scholarship, or already be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
· Applicant must be a resident of the state of California.
· Applicant must intend to continue his/her education in the field of business administration of education.
· Applicant shall be responsible for the completion and return of all required support materials to the CAEOP scholarship/ Awards Chairman before Friday, January 1st, 2015.