Monday, March 10, 2014
STUDENT LUNCH: Stop by ASB Office Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
TODAYS’ BREAKFAST: Stop by ASB Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
Frosh Baseball vs Brawley @ Southwest @ 4:00 pm. Excuse @ 2:45 pm.
Boys Golf @ 3-Way @ Del Rio CC @ 1:00 pm. 11:23 am. 11:45 am.
ATTN ALL STUDENTS: You can start purchasing the Sadie Dance tickets on Monday, March 3rd at the ASB Office. If you are inviting a guest from another school, you must pick up the "guest pass" at the ASB Office prior to purchasing the dance ticket. Tickets are $20.00 per couple, $10.00 for singles and $15.00 at the door per person. Deadline to purchase the dance ticket is Wednesday, March 12th.
HOSA STUDENTS: Good luck to all SHS HOSA students that will be taking their online tests tomorrow morning! Go for the GOLD! (10)
ATTENTION STUDENTS: ASB Officer Elections will be held on March 28th. Only students who are council members of a SHS Club may run for these positions. The application for regular ASB members is due on April 11th. You must submit an application by the deadline to be scheduled for an interview. (10, 11, 12, 13)
ATTENTION SENIORS: There are 4 spots open for Grad Nite. Interested stop by the ASB Office as soon as possible. (10, 11)
ATTN STUDENTS: 2014 AgDiscovery Program is an outreach program to help high school students learn about careers in plant & animal science, wildlife management and agribusiness. They will be having a 2-Week Residential Summer Enrichment Program June 16 to June 27th, you must be 14 yrs to 17 yrs old to be eligible. If interested and would like to receive a copy of the 2014 AgDiscovery application(PDF), please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or complete a Student application of Interest @ www.surveymonkey.com/s/BPS5YJ87 or contact your school counselor for more information. Deadline for application is March 31st.
WINTER SPORTS BANQUET: Banquet is Wednesday, March 12th @ 6:00 pm in the MPR for all Varsity Winter Sports athletes who received an invite for the Winter Sports Banquet Dinner. Remember athletes eat for FREE and any guests that you invite should have been paid for already! Questions see ASB Office. (10, 11, 12)
ATTN SENIORS: A Balfour representative will be here Tuesday, March 11th during both lunches in room Q-90 for those of you who have not purchased a Cap/Gown, he will also be taking orders for letterman jackets, rings and announcements. Cost is now $55 for cap/gowns. Questions see ASB Office. (10, 11)
ALL SENIORS: Remember to look at the second page of the bulletin where scholarships are listed. Applications for local scholarships are posted online ready to be downloaded under the Counseling Services tab and under Financial Aid/Local Scholarships category.
1. The Imperial County Superintendent of Schools is pleased to announce the 2014 Imperial County Student Film Festival. Imperial County schools are invited to submit up to three entries per grade level, for the 5th through 12th grades, in each of the following categories: The theme for this year’s competition is: Cyberbullying Prevention. Submissions are due by March 12, 2014 and winners will be announced at the Imperial County Student Film Festival on April 12, 2014. For additional information and free resources, please visit http://filmfestival.icoe.org
A) Public Service Announcement (PSA) - 30 to 60 seconds
B) Short Film - Three minutes or less
C) Photo Storytelling/Animation - One to two minutes
2. Calcot-Seitz Foundation is looking for students majoring in Agriculture. Applications can be downloaded at www.calcot.com Deadline to apply is March 31, 2014.
3. El Centro Rotary is sponsoring its 2014 Scholarship Program. Applications are available in the counseling office or can be download it on the Counseling Web Site. Deadline to apply is April 1, 2014.
4. SHS Booster Club its hosting its annual scholarship for graduating seniors. Applications are available in the Counseling Office and/or school website. Deadline to apply is April 9, 2014.
5. Imperial Valley’s Teacher Uniserv is now sponsoring its annual scholarship to ALL graduating seniors.
Deadline to apply is April 18, 2014. Applications are available in the Counseling Office or on the School Web Site under the Counseling Tab.
6. MANA of Imperial Valley is now hosting its 2014 Scholarship. Deadline to apply April 18th. Applications are available at the Counseling Office or online on our web site under the Counseling Tab and under Financial Aid and Scholarship Tab.
7. The CAPCA Desert Valley Chapter is sponsoring its 2014 Agricultural Scholarship. Deadline to apply is April 25, 2014. Applications are online on the school’s website under the Counseling Tab as well as in the Counseling Office.
8. The Imperial Valley Farm Bureau is sponsoring its 2014 Agricultural Scholarship. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2014. Applications are online on the school’s website under the Counseling Tab as well as in the Counseling Office.
9. El Centro Educational Foundation is hosting its annual scholarship program for graduates who are attending 4-year universities, 2-year colleges, and/or vocational school. In addition, the Jimmy Cannon Scholarship is looking for our fine arts graduates. Applications are available in the Counseling Office or school website. Deadline to apply is April 30, 2014.
10. Sun Communities Bank is hosting is annual scholarships. Deadline to apply is May 5, 2014. Scholarship applications are in the Counseling Office or can be download from our school website under counseling tab.