Friday, December 19, 2014
STUDENT LUNCH: Stop by ASB Office Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
TODAYS’ BREAKFAST: Stop by ASB Windows and view the menu, since there is a variety of items.
JV Boys Basketball @ Imperial Tournament @ Imperial @ 6:00 pm. Leaving @ 4:45 pm,
Varsity Girls Basketball @ Kiwanis Tournament @ Mira Mesa @ 6:30 pm. Leaving @ 2:00 pm.
JV Girls Basketball @ Brawley Tournament @ 4:30 pm / 7:30 pm. Leaving @ 3:00 pm.
Varsity Girls Soccer @ El Capitan Tournament @ 6:30 pm. Leaving @ 2:30 pm.
Varsity Wrestling @ El Cajon Invite @ El Cajon @ 12 noon. Excuse all day. Leaving @ 9:00 am.
CHRISTMAS SPIRIT WEEK: TODAY - Fancy Friday. (19)
SENIORS: All Econ, Government and AP Government books are due no later than 12:30 pm TODAY! Charges will be submitted to ASB by 12:30 pm. Questions please see Mrs. Favela in the Media Center. (19)
ALL STUDENTS: Please return your textbooks if you have dropped are no longer taking the class. Charges will be submitted to ASB TODAY by 12:30 pm. (19)
ATTENTION STUDENTS: Mr. Ortiz of IVROP will be meeting with students interested in obtaining a Career Readiness Certificate afterschool all this week and when we get back from break. He will be available at the Library until 4:00 pm. If you are interested in taking advantage of this free certification, please see him. (19)
YEARBOOKS: Yearbooks are selling fast. Order yours by TODAY before the cost goes up. Books are $70.00 RIGHT NOW!!! Go to the ASB office and order yours today. Payment plans are available. (19))
SOPHOMORE CLASS: If anyone is interested in contributing towards fundraising, please come to the upcoming meeting Tuesday, January 6th at 7:30 am in room E-25. Remember if no one helps, then future activities in your Senior Year may not be carried out! (19, 6)
ATTN ALL SENIORS: Seniors who want to apply to both San Diego State main campus and IVUP please stop by the counseling office for a form you need to submit. This form is good only if you applied to SDSU main campus and you want consideration for IVUP. Thank you.
ATTENTION JUNIORS/SENIORS: You may be eligible to have the gold California State Seal of Biliteracy on your diploma and transcript. There are a number of ways to qualify. To find out if you qualify, come to the EL Program Services Office (Counseling/Front Office) & pick up the candidate application form. Application deadline is March 2nd!!!
1. John S. Lyons Memorial Foundation, Deadline is January 30, 2015. Award maximum is $5,000. Who should apply? Seniors enrolled in a San Diego or Imperial County School whose parent or legal guardian is a member in good standing of ANY local labor union. Student must have a 3.0 or better GPA and participate in community and/ or extracurricular school activity. The application is available online under the COMMUNITY tab of the San Diego Trades website at: www.sdbuildingtrades.com
· Applicant must be a graduating high school student who has made an application to continue his/her education OR the applicant may currently being pursuing such a course of study in instruction of higher education.
· Applicant must have maintained a grade point average of 2.0 or better in high school.
· Applicant must have applied for admissions to a post-high school accredited institution and plan to enter following the granting of the scholarship, or already be enrolled in an accredited college or university.
· Applicant must be a resident of the state of California.
· Applicant must intend to continue his/her education in the field of business administration of education.
· Applicant shall be responsible for the completion and return of all required support materials to the CAEOP scholarship/ Awards Chairman before Friday, January 1st, 2015.